Review: Licorne Vegan Rice Eye Cream

I think that eye cream is one of those essentials that I don't feel like I could go without. Even when I hop onto a plane to take off for faraway places, I still pack a little one into my carry on, so that I can dab dab dab on the go, in the hopes that when I end up at my destination, I would have smaller eye bags and minuscule dark circles. At the very least, my skin gets to be wonderfully moisturised over the course of 8 to 24 hours, depending on where I'm flying to, and I feel like I've made an effort to look fresh when stepping off a plane.

 

I was sent the Licorne Vegan Rice Eye Cream recently, and I was intrigued by the use of rice in skincare, as I feel like it's not an ingredient that is often featured, and as such, I was really keen to try this. Licorne is a Korean brand that creates certified vegan products that are cruelty free and this eye cream contains 100% Korean rice bran extract, which is said to be able to help improve the skin's moisture barrier. 

 

This is also supposed to help reduce the appearance of fine lines, improve the look of crow's feet, brighten and even skin tone to lessen the look of dark circles. Aside from helping with the skin barrier, rice bran extract can also prevent free radical damage and calm skin, while the PHA that's present also has antioxidant benefits. There is also AHA to soften the look of fine lines, and shea butter to help keep the skin moisturised.


The eye cream comes in a frosted glass jar that has a white screw lid, and the cream is thick and white and requires a bit of working between the fingers in order to get the texture to thin out to the point where it would be easy to pat into the skin. This starts off a little bit greasy initially, but does end up getting absorbed quite nicely, to the point where you can't feel it on the skin any longer after a few minutes. This doesn't have a scent at all, which is good for those who are sensitive to fragrances.

 

I love that this seems to help with the appearance of dark eye circles and fine lines, so that I can continue being a little naughty about the number of hours I sleep in one night - sometimes, I am just like a kid that refuses to go to bed, despite knowing that I'd need to get up early in the morning! Sitting at around $38 for 30 ml of product, you can find it over here at SeoulSkin. I'm now curious about the rest of the range, and I'd be keen to try more from them! Have you tried any rice based products before?

*This product was provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts