Review: Ren Overnight Glow Dark Spot Sleeping Cream

 

Happy Monday! Now that we're onto the cooler months of the year - and I'm sure that you've all felt the change in the weather - we can start looking at changing up our skincare routine, so that it is a better fit for the cooler and drier months ahead. One product that has served me well during the transitional months is the Ren Overnight Glow Dark Spot Sleeping Cream, which I've been using to help counteract all the sun that I've unintentionally been exposed to over the last few months.

 

What exactly is the Overnight Glow Dark Spot Sleeping Cream, and why is this little baby worth the $91 for 50ml of product? This is a vegan cream that has been formulated with 94% natural ingredients, and it seeks to target dark spots and to energize your skin while you're snoozing. This is meant to leave the skin looking brighter, plumper and happier. It comes in fully sustainable packaging, with the cap made from 100% post consumer recycled plastic, and the jar is made from 100% recyclable glass.

 

This uses several key ingredients to achieve the above goals, including encapsulated algae complex, which is meant to help target the appearance of excessive pigmentation. There is to PhytoGlycogen, which is supposed to recharge skin, so that you're left with a smoother, more radiant complexion. The plastic cap is easy to unscrew, and once you open it, you are faced with a smooth, lightweight lotion that has a faint scent that vaguely reminds me of orange chewable lollies - slightly sweet, but not overwhelmingly citrusy, and overall, rather lovely.

 

This sits well on the skin, enveloping it in a sort of hug, where my skin ends up feeling a little like there is a layer of something on it, without it being particularly greasy or uncomfortable - it's hard to explain, but you can sorta tell that you've applied something onto the skin. I like that this doesn't simply sit on the skin, and that this doesn't take very long to get absorbed, nor does it seem to react to any other products I've used in conjunction with it.

 

Steady usage of this has resulted in my skin feeling plumper, and looking more luminous, although I would argue that it hasn't made a massive impact on the hyperpigmentation that I have on my skin - still, my skin is glowing, so that doesn't bother me! While this is relatively pricey, I do feel like this is a great transitional season product as it doesn't feel heavy on the skin, while still providing excellent hydration to my face, which I appreciate at this time of year! You can grab your own jar over here at Mecca. 

Comments

Popular Posts