Review: Clairol Herbal Essences Classics Replenishing Shampoo and Conditioner


Haircare is an essential part of my regular beauty routine, yet it's one that I probably don't tend to talk about as much, and honestly, that's on me. Today, I'm looking to right that wrong with this post about Clairol, as I've been using the Herbal Essences Classics Replenishing Shampoo and Conditioner, and I'm ready to share my thoughts on this duo!
 
 

Firstly, let me just say that I was totally obsessed with the scent of their products back in the 90s. Do you guys remember those ads from way back? If you're nodding while you're reading this, then I know you definitely do - they were very memorable! I remember using this years ago, and just as with the scent back then, I loved it when I sniffed it, and it brought a rush of sensations and memories back to me. Sadly, however, it's not quite as potent as I thought it once was. That said, at least it does still smell wonderful!
 
 

The shampoo comes in a clear bottle that shows you just how much you have used, and the product is a pretty pink. This lathers up quite nicely, and once washed out, it doesn't leave a residue on the hair, which I appreciate. It's great in that it doesn't leave my hair flat, even when I let my hair dry naturally without the aid of hot hair tools. I do feel like this could be more hydrating, however, as I find that it leaves the end of my hair feeling a little drier than I would like.
 
 
 
Accompanying the shampoo is the conditioner, which comes in a pink opaque bottle, and much like it's mate, it carries the same scent. This has a medium consistency, and spreads nicely over the hair. Once it gets washed out, it is left feeling quite soft, while still maintaining a bit of body. I do find that this doesn't entirely help with preventing the formation of knots, however, and like with the shampoo, I wish this could also hydrate the hair a little more.
 


I do feel, however, that these are actually pretty decent for a shampoo and conditioner pair that you can get for about $20 altogether. They are also extremely accessible, as these can be found just about anywhere. Overall, I find these to work together well enough, and while I wouldn't expect these to transform your hair, I do think that they do the job nicely, particularly if you're on a budget. What's your favourite Clairol product?
 
*These products were provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts