Review: Jojoba Company Ultimate Youth Potion + L22


Happy Thursday, my busy bees! There's so much going on in our heads these days, I know that for some of us, the one moment that we get to ourselves, or where we are forced to slow down to take a breather, is when we go through our skincare routine. If it isn't, then make it a priority to actually slow down and take a few minutes to get centred and feel the peace and calm that you're entitled to, just for being you. It's amazing how relaxing just applying my skincare can be, and with us all scrabbling around to make sense of what's going on in the world currently, there's no better time to carve out a few minutes to settle the storm in your brain.

I find that I slow down more, depending on what's part of my current arsenal of skincare - ie what I've got in rotation at the moment, whether it's something that I need to work into my skin a bit more, thus taking a bit more time, or if it's something that dries down faster, and hence, I don't spend as much time smoothing it over the skin.


And with that said, the Ultimate Youth Potion + L22 by Jojoba Company is exactly what gave me a chance to slow down, before I started using a face massager. Let's start by talking about the packaging! This comes in a frosted glass bottle, whose shape is very familiar, as it's what I've come to expect from the range. It has a clear plastic cap, which is easy to pull off, and almost a bit of an odd juxtaposition compared to the luxe, comforting feel of the firm bottle. This is topped off by a gold pump that delivers enough product to cover the face nicely.


I like to start by smoothing this liquid out from the bridge of the nose towards the edge of the face, downwards to the chin, and back up to the forehead. This oil smells divine, and I love that it is incredibly moisturising for my face. This keeps my skin soft, and while this isn't a dry oil, it doesn't stay particularly greasy. Stuffed full of vitamins, antioxidants and essential omegas from jojoba and plant oils, this feels like skin food, designed to enrich and feed the skin.


This retails for $44.95 for 50 ml of product, and like a lot of other Jojoba Company goodies I've tried in the past, I think it's pretty awesome! It's available online here, as well as at other places, including Priceline. Have you tried anything from Jojoba Company? What's your pick?

*This product was provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts