Review: Batiste Colour Protect Dry Shampoo


Batiste, you've done it again! I love Batiste, and they have now added a new soldier to their ranks to take care of your hair! Say hello to Colour Protect, which is for hair that is coloured or processed. Spoiler alert - this stuff is going to end up in my empties pile!

What exactly is this new innovation, and why am I going nuts over it? Known as the Batiste Dry Shampoo and Colour Protect, this contains a UV filter to protect hair and reduce colour fade by up to 37%. This means that it will help in preserving your hair colour, so that it can really go the distance, and you can keep the shade vibrant and bright. While a lot of us may not be going outside during this lockdown, there are plenty of us dyeing our own hair at home, with the salons staying shut for the foreseeable future, whether it's to cover up greys, or if you're like me, just trying to play around with different shades, because you can.


I love that this has a lightweight formula, which means that it does a really good job of soaking up the extra oils in your hair, resulting in revitalised hair with a good amount of body. Another thing about it is that I love that this doesn't dull the shine of your own hair, like some dry shampoos can. Given that it's selling point is that this provides UV protection for your hair, make sure that you spritz and spray this all over your full head of hair in order for it to give it full coverage.


Shake up the can, hold it 30 cm away from your hair, then spray it in sections to ensure that you're getting it all over your head. There is a very slight white tinge to it, but it literally just takes about 15 seconds of me massaging that into my hair for it to go away, and for my hair to look refreshed! If I'm not after serious oomph in my hair (for which I use a different dry shampoo from Batiste!), then this one gives my hair a sufficient amount of bounce for it to still look clean and grease-free, and has the added bonus of preserving my hair colour!


This retails for $13 for 200 ml of product, and it can be found at Woolworths, Chemist Warehouse and Priceline. A worthy new dry shampoo to pick up, this is seriously good stuff!

What is your go to dry shampoo, and why?

*This product was provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts