Review: Hask Rose Oil & Peach Color Protection Shampoo and Conditioner

 
In the current pandemic that we're having, I've been trying to distract myself from everything by doing things that make me happy, including dyeing my hair different hues! I've gone from bleaching my hair at home (seriously, not a good move for people who aren't prepared for how things might turn out, so please keep that in mind if you're feeling adventurous!), to turning it (and my shower stall, and my towels, and my skin) purple, and now, my hair is a reddish hue. It also means that I've been seriously wrecking havoc on my hair, and scalp, and I need to look after it in order to keep my colour, and make sure that my hair doesn't get absolutely destroyed by all the stuff I've been doing to it.

I've been using the Hask Rose Oil & Peach Color Protection Shampoo and Conditioner to soothe the tresses, and it's definitely been a welcome addition to the shower caddy!


Let's start by discussing the packaging. Both bottles are opaque, and they are a gorgeous peachie shade, which totally goes with the name. The lids snap open when you apply pressure to one side of it. I know that rose gets top billing, but the first thing that hits me is the peach scent. The shampoo is a creamy, pearly shade that lathers up really well, while the conditioner has a medium consistency, which means that it spreads well over the hair.


In terms of the scent, I love, love, love this! I also love that this results in me having a good hair day - think slight bounce, not heavy, and a slight bit of shine. For someone who has absolutely gone a little crazy ill-treating her hair, this has been a handy duo to have with me each time I hop into the shower. I feel like it didn't do very much for my semi-permanent shades, but for the permanent colours, it seems to help in extending it's lifespan on my hair. I absolutely think that this is part of the reason why my hair doesn't currently feel like straw.


Considering how much hair dye I intend to run through in the next few months, I will definitely be hanging onto this pair! These retail for $14 each, and can be found where Hask is sold, including Priceline.


What's your trick for keeping your hair looking beautiful after dyeing it?

*These products were provided for editorial consideration 

Comments

Popular Posts