Spotlight: Buckley & Phillips Aromatics to Help Work Hard and Stay Focused


Now that we're moving steadily into March, I know that those who are studying will be really knuckling down, and trudging through all that they've learned so far, and lining up all the other things that they still need to cram into their heads. It does honestly feel like a bit of a wheel, where it's all somewhat of an endless treadmill.

If, like me, you've turned to study aids in the past, then this post might be of interest to you! I have a few study tips that I'll also share a the end of this post, for those who might need a bit of additional help. And please don't ever think that I just breezed through my various exams - I had so much anxiety back in 2018 when I was sitting my memberships that I literally did not sleep the day before the written portion of the exam, and I still get exam related dreams! Some nightmares never go away! I digress...


Buckley and Phillips may have come up with an easy cheat for those struggling to remember certain things. As you know, your olfactory senses (ie the old nose) can help in triggering certain memories, and they have a couple of Gumleaf Essential Oil blends, including Study and Work Well, that are meant to help centre you, and aid in improving mental clarity and concentration, and help you focus while relieving mental and nervous tension.


Work Well is made up of grapefruit, lavender french, cypress provence and bergamot calabrian, while Study has lemongrass, frankincense, rosewood, basil sweet and peppermint. These can both be used in a variety of ways, including in oil burners, in candle making and soap making, as well as diluted for massages, or even added to a bath. Don't expect these to instantly make your life better when it comes to your studies, but I certainly have used scent aids previously to help me adjust to a better work environment.


Think of it as setting you up with the confidence that you need going into a tough situation - does that make sense? For example, I have used just the one particular perfume when studying, and while I did feel like it helped in setting me up on the right track when faced with my exam paper, it does still make my palms sweat when I wear it these days - such a visceral reaction! When it comes to these essential oils, have them going in the background to help set the scene, so that you can hopefully have a slightly more seamless experience when it comes to straining your brain.

The essential oils retail for $16.95 each, while the ceramic and bamboo square oil burner goes for $24.95, and these are available online here, as well as at selected health foods stores, pharmacies and retail outlets worldwide.


Ok, so if you've read to the end, then you must be dying to know what I have used to help me in the past to pass my exams, so I'm gonna impart that knowledge to you. Firstly, when you study, it helps to talk out loud. I would do that in a way that sounded like I was instructing myself to do something. Nutty, but helpful, trust me! Secondly, write down things over and over and over again. Draw diagrams, make sure that you know how it all flows together. Then, if you want to go that step further, put it up around the house, so you can study it as you go along. I know, it does sound crazy, but hey, exams make me crazy! Finally, make sure you schedule study breaks for yourself. I did - I had lots of power naps, so that I could actually reset myself, essentially.

And that's it! How have you used scents to your advantage previously? What study tips do you have?

*These products were provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts