Review: Medik8 Hydr8 B5 Intense Serum


There is a brand that I talk about often on the blog, and I love that they are always churning out spectacular products! If you didn't get the chance to read the title, then know this - I'm talking about Medik8, and their amazing Hydr8 B5 Intense Hyaluronic Acid with NMF Replenish & Boost serum!
I feel like I tend to talk about Medik8 in exclamation points, so be prepared to see an awful lot of them in this post!


What type of serum is this, and who is it meant for? This is a levelled up version of the original Hydr8 B5 Serum, and this supercharged formula is supposed to amplify the skin's natural hyaluronic acid levels while preventing it's breakdown, so that the skin can stay hydrated all day.


How does it all come together? Biosaccharide gum works in synergy with hyaluronic acid to help deliver immediate and long lasting hydration by helping create a reservoir of hyaluronic acid in the upper layers of the skin. Similarly, soy extract may help in increasing levels of hyaluronic acid in the skin, while the saskatoon berry battles the enzymes that break down hyaluronic acid, allowing it to last longer. By protecting the skin's natural stores of hyaluronic acid, this superfood helps to promote moisturised, plump, dewy skin. This also works with the skin's natural moisturising factors, like amino acids, fatty acids and sodium PCA, to help increase water retention.


Al the cool science-y stuff aside, does it truly work, and what is good about it? Answer: Yes and literally everything. This comes in a purple dropper bottle containing 30 ml of product, and I love that this has a very firm negative pressure, which means that it sucks up a decent amount of serum to be redistributed over the skin. The serum is thin and watery, and uptake is quick! While that may seem to some like it's not doing much, believe you me, this stuff is phenomenal! My face and decolletage drink this in, and I have noticed a plumpness and suppleness to my skin. More importantly, on cooler, dry days, I have definitely seen less of a dryness to my skin, which also translates to the makeup wearing better on my face.


This retails for $99, and you can find out more about it over at their website. The lightness of it's texture, and the results, are enough to make me want a second bottle as backup! What's on your current Medik8 shopping list?

*This product was provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts