Review: OGX Sake Essence Shampoo and Conditioner






I feel like it's been forever since I posted about hair care, so for all the babes out there who are looking for the next, great duo, here's a little something to look for the next time you're in the beauty aisle at the supermarket - check out the latest from OGX!

I'm talking about the Sake Essence pair, of course! They come in the same packaging as the rest of the range, and these are the stout bottles with the flip lids that contain about 385 ml each, and they retail for $17.99 per bottle.


The first thing that hits me when I open the bottles is the scent - it's a pretty floral musky scent that very sadly, doesn't linger. I'm really glad they smell amazing, as I wasn't blown away by the scent of the previous duo I tried (which, while effective, had a plant-y scent). They are both of medium consistency, and the shampoo suds up nicely, without creating that dry, squeaky clean feel afterwards. The conditioner feels like it does soften my hair nicely, and I love that it doesn't weigh it down.


When air dried, my hair actually has a bit of body to it, but not a lot of bounce. It does help the layers of my hair settle down beautifully, and my husband actually realised that I had a new shampoo and conditioner the first time I used it, as he noticed that my hair looked like I'd styled it, when, in fact, all I'd done was that I'd washed it, and let it dry naturally.


These were inspired by an old Asian beauty ritual, formulated to enhance hair's youthful appearance. It's meant to strengthen strands, while preserving elasticity and softness. This is such a gorgeous duo from the drugstore, and I'm so glad I discovered them! They can be found at supermarkets like Woolworths, and Priceline.

Have you tried OGX before? What's your favourite pair?

*These products were provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts