Review: Medik8 Lipid-Balancing Cleansing Oil


Medik8 is a brand that has only impressed me with their offerings so far, and I'm sure you can imagine how excited I felt when I found out that they also had a cleansing oil in their collection, because cleansing oils are one of my favourite lazy girl must haves for getting the day off your face!


Like all other cleansing oils, this one requires that you place it onto dry skin before massaging it into the face, then adding water to emulsify it. For some reason, this feels a lot thicker to me than the other brands I've tried before, and when water is added, I have to work this a little harder to get it into the skin. The texture is almost of that when you rub a bar of soap onto relatively moist skin, if that makes sense.


I like that this takes off a large proportion of my makeup, for when I'm feeling a little lazy and I am double cleansing in the shower, but it does have it's limitations. My foundation, blush and highlighter are no match for it, but where it falters is when it gets to my waterproof mascara and one of the toughest lipsticks to remove, the Maybelline Super Stay Matte Lip Ink - that stuff is tough, and in fact, I literally have to use oil to get it off my lips. I do, however, love the smell of this stuff - the scent is gorgeous! Overall, it's a pretty decent product, but it hasn't performed as well on me like other Medik8 products that I've previously used.


It retails for $52, and you can find it over here

What's your favourite cleansing oil, and why?

*This product was provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts