Review: L'Oreal Colour Riche Shine Lipsticks


L'Oreal will always be one of the first drugstore brands I started wearing as a teenager. In fact, at the age of 16, I started wearing a mauve shade that came in a silver case, and that was my true first MLBB (my lips but better) shade. Fast forward a few (don't ask how many) years later, and I'm still a big fan, and I'm excited to talk about one of the newest things to hit the stands from L'Oreal!


Please say hello to this gorgeous collection, the Colour Riche Shine! It promises intense shine with a weightless feel that just glides on. Boasting intense hydration and comfort, this collection holds a total of 16 lipsticks, and ranges from the barely there nudes to the wickedly dark shades. They retail for $23.95 each, and they come encased in these clear tubes, so that you can immediately see what shade you need, which helps when you need to grab it on the go! 

Left to right: Topless, Beige In The City; Steal The Shine; Blow Your Glow

Left to right: Instaheaven; Pursue Beauty; #BeautyGuru; Insanesation

Left to right: High On Craze; Hot IRL; #MLBB; Only In Paris

Left to right: Colour Hype; #Trending; Like A Boss; Map To Nirvana


Being presented with this left me feeling like a kid in a candy store - like, where do you even start? Then it came to me - at the reds, of course. I picked up the aptly named #Beautyguru, and went to town on my lips. It definitely is shiny, and it slides smoothly over the lips. While relatively pigmented, which isn't surprising, being a red, it also doesn't provide complete coverage of the lips, so that it a little sheer.

Ultimately, you get a lipstick with the consistency of a balm with average colour payoff and a shine that works well for those who aren't into sticky glosses. It's the kind of product that I'd be more likely to use in the Summer, and I like that it leaves a bit of a tint after it wears off on the lips.

What do you prefer? Balm, matte or gloss?

*These products were provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts