Review: OGX Bamboo Fiber-Full Shampoo and Conditioner


My biggest hair problem has to be that it lacks body, and there is very little oomph to it, and that's generally on a good day! That said, over the years, through trial and error, I've been able to find the right hair products to turn that around, and the newest duo to join the ranks is the Bamboo Fiber-Full Shampoo and Conditioner by OGX.


Both products come in a plastic bottle with a flip lid. The shampoo comes in a clear bottle and the consistency is quite gel-like. It doesn't lather up heavily, but it does feel like it manages to clean the whole head of hair. I know it sounds silly, but you know how it sometimes feels like it doesn't quite reach all the hair when you pile shampoo on?

The conditioner comes in an opaque bottle, and the product itself is a creamy white and relatively thick. I feel like I need more conditioner than shampoo to sufficiently get the tresses, and while my hair doesn't feel particularly silky smooth once I wash the conditioner out, it does seriously pack a bit of a punch to it at the roots! My hair is definitely bigger and has more of a bounce to it, which is the whole point of using these boys! 


The downside? While the bottles are quite cute, being rounded and stumpy (I think I may be predisposed to liking round things), these are a little tricky to squeeze into the shower caddy as they take up a lot of space. Also, if you're clumsy like me, I would highly recommend that you carry one in each hand, rather than really trying to grab both in one go - I'm not saying that this happened to me, but that is a good way to send one, or both, flying once they squeeze out of your clutches while you hurry from one point to another. Also, these babies smell a bit... foresty? It does smell like a plant, but I can't quite put my finger on it - although, given the name, it's probably bamboo, and I have to say, not my favourite scent for a shampoo and conditioner pair. That said, it doesn't linger, at least. 

Each bottle retails for $17.99, and they contain 385 ml of product each. It almost feels like the trade off is that my hair has more oomph to it, but isn't as silky as it can be - fine by me, as that's what I would prefer! For a drugstore brand, I'm really pleased with the results, but I wish the scent were something more floral.

Have you tried anything from OGX? What would you like to try?

*These products were provided for editorial consideration

Comments

  1. I used an OGX shampoo (can't remember which one - it was blue) and the flip lid really didn't work on it. Flipping it open basically meant the WHOLE lid came away. Which was annoying because I ended up using more shampoo than I would have otherwise. Also I hated the texture of the shampoo - it was like the gel they use when doing ultrasounds! Though this may have been exacerbated by the lid issue ... I basically felt that at $18 they should have a lid that works!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven’t any word to appreciate this post.....Really i am impressed from this post....the person who create this post it was a great human..thanks for shared this with us. eco-friendly

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a good post. This post gives truly quality information. I’m definitely going to look into it. Really very useful tips are provided here. Thank you so much. Keep up the good works. Ouboud

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts