Current Favourites: Red Lippies


I love red lippies. They are an absolute classic and they can be immensely wearable, not to mention a perfectly good substitute for accessories sometimes! Let me walk you through the ones that I've been toting round in my bag in recent days!

1) YSL Rouge Pur Couture in 01 - This is a bright red that has a bit of a gloss to it. This is really gorgeous on the lips and something that I reach for, and touch up with, throughout the day.  If you're after something to complete your outfit, then this could be the one for you!

2) Shanghai Suzy in Miss Hannah Blood Red - See review here. This is a little more understated. It has a great texture, as well as a rich warmth to it. This just glides on beautifully, and it's also immensely affordable. 

3) Too Faced Melted in Melted Velvet - This stains the lips massively! It has a matte look to it, and it stays on the lips quite well, but I've noticed that when I don't line the lips, it can get a little feathery. It is gorgeous, though! 

4) L'Oreal Colour Riche Moisture Matte Lipstick in Bloody Mary - The red that started it all! Well, in the recent years, anyway! I received this as a gift from a Beautyheaven event a while ago, and this reignited my love for reds in a big way! It's matte, rich, and not drying on the lips, not to mention also a lot shorter than it used to be!

5) Dose of Colours in Merlot - Perfect for windy days! One layer of this can last a wind swept day in Melbourne, coupled with eating a dozen buffalo wings and wedges. Trust me, I put it through the paces!




I just couldn't resist putting in more shots of my red loves! What's your favourite red lipstick?

Comments

  1. The YSL red is my fave, I tend to shy away from reds but lately Ive been a little more daring and giving it a go. Great selection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That YSL stains the lips and it's so smooth on!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts