Review: No 7 Pro Artist Lip Shine Oil in Peach Glaze

Happy Monday, my little peachies! I'm not going to lie - last week was particularly tough for me. I had a lot on at work, where I was being pulled into multiple directions, and one of my most treasured and often seen patients, left this earthly plane, and I was deeply affected by this. It's very hard, as a veterinarian, to separate my work life from my home life, and I sunk deep into my sorrow. I originally started this blog as an outlet for my love of skincare and makeup, and it became clear to be early on in the journey that this also served as a hobby of sorts for me, somewhere that I could talk about something else besides work. 

 

Last week, however, it all sort of bled together, and the lines of compassion and empathy blurred, leaving me with so many feelings, I couldn't see beyond that for a while. Thankfully, I already had a Mental Health getaway booked by Past Leah, who periodically does these things (ie when Jetstar goes on sale), and I was able to gather my thoughts and settle my heart, with the help of a few friends and a short, restful break. I packed up a small amount of things, then headed out to South Australia, and into the misty and beautiful Barossa Valley for one night, before heading back into the city, where we whiled time away with card games.

 

I will say, though, it was incredibly cold out that way, and at one point, no matter how much I kept topping it up, my lips kept flaking and feeling dry. I topped it up with a popular tinted lip balm that's always part of my domestic travel bag, but that only resulted in my lips staying flaky and dry, with a hint of colour. If I had the No 7 Pro Artist Lip Shine Oil, I think I would have had much happier lips! This is a quiet, modest lip oil produced by a company that is better known for their skincare products, but I feel that just makes this a bit of a sleeper hit that will gain popularity once it becomes better known.

 

This is sold as a nourishing, non-sticky lip oil that's meant to give the lips a 'mirror like glaze', and while that sounds delightful, sadly, the effect doesn't stay. Firstly, while it does make the lips look super shiny, this doesn't tend to stick around for long, and it disappears from the lips quite fast. I do love that the formula feels very comfortable on the lips, though, and that it isn't very slippery, nor is it sticky at all. When used, this feels soothing and moisturising, with the downside being that there isn't much longevity to it, which is something I notice with lip oils.

 

Otherwise, however, it's beautiful! I have this in Peach Glaze, which has a very faint peach scent and tint to it. It comes in a fat, cylindrical tube with a big doe foot applicator that ensures that you cover as much of the surface area of your lips as possible. I do wish it came in slimmer packaging to make it a little more travel friendly, however, but it does make it seem like you're getting great bang for your buck with this size, I suppose! This retails for just under $30, and can be found at various retailers, including Priceline and Adore Beauty. What's your favourite lip oil? 

Comments

Popular Posts