Review: 111Skin Oxygen Express Mask

Happy Thursday! We're almost done with April, and with just 10 days of the month left, we've just about used up all the public holidays for the first half of the year, and will have, by the time next week rolls around. This means that we are headed for colder, darker and shorter days, with fewer breaks, until we hit Summer. It all feels a little bleak and sad. And now you know how I feel about Winter! All jokes aide, though, there are some good things about the colder months.

Winter isn't all bad. There are plenty of good things, like cosy conversations held around fires, hot chocolate with little marshmallows in them, trips to wineries that end in us having a lovely roast dinner, and plenty of fluffy blankets to keep me, and the cat, warm. It's also when I can trot out my Winter fashion, like my wool sweaters, knee high leather boots, and my dark lipsticks, as well as some of warmer scents that simply smell better in the Winter.

 

The one thing that I don't like about Winter is just feeling cold a lot of the time - make it all the time. It's around May that I start to use less sheet masks, because I struggle to stay warm, even with piles of layers, and the last thing I want to do is stick a sheet of wet fabric to my face. It's tricky sometimes even with applying face masks, because my skin would stay moist and cold for longer than I'd prefer. Hence, it's exciting finding a face mask that requires only 5 minutes, and promises to refresh, brighten and tighten the skin and pores, as well as helping to restore barrier function and soothe irritation, while reducing inflammation.

 

Packaged in a violet tube with a silver screw cap, this retails for about $75 for 30 ml of product, or just over $200 for 75 ml. The formula utilises oxygen and Egyptian cucumber extract to get the results stated above, and it comes out as a clear gel that spreads over the skin quite nicely. I love that this, while cooling, doesn't make my skin feel particularly cold, and that this also seems to do as it promises by refreshing my skin.

 

This may be pricey, but for a quick pick me up, this is a quick, easy and effective treatment to give my skin a bit of a boost, particularly if I'm looking to head out shortly after using it. The only real downside to this is that for the amount of product that you receive, you don't get much bang for your buck. While you can't find this easily in store, it is available at various online retailers. Do you use sheet masks throughout the year?

Comments

Popular Posts