Review: Lady Jayne Salon Pro Rechargeable 2 in 1 Hair Styler

 

Question - what is the one thing that you never seem to run out of, but can't ever find when you're in need of one? Hint - they are lightweight and you can usually bet that there are babes out there with a spare for when you're in need of one and don't have it sitting on your wrist. Also, fun fact, we once took out about 17 of these from the stomach of a small cat who'd been collecting them over a long period of time! If you guessed hair ties, then ding, ding, ding, you're absolutely right! 

 

If you're located in Australia and you're in constant need of a hair tie, then you'd be familiar with Lady Jayne! I will say that they are the creator of my absolute favourite hair ties - they are relatively tight, but don't tend to yank out bits of hair, and the bounciness of my pony is entirely dependent on their elasticity. Based on my love for their staple product, you can imagine the joy I felt when I got my hands on their Salon Pro Rechargeable 2 in 1 Hair Styler!

 

This little hot hair tool is a cordless (you read that right!) straightener that you can also use to curl your hair with, and each charge will last you 3 hours. I don't know about you, but I certainly don't tend to use a hair appliance for longer than about 45 minutes, max, so each charge should last me at least 4 uses. This is a very straightforward tool to use - to get started, simply unlock this by using the toggle. There is a different toggle that you can move so that the device can be turned on, and an on/off switch that you have to press to power it on, which is indicated by the light that comes on at the same time.

There are three heat settings that you can pick from, by using that same on/off button, and as the tool heats up, the light will flash, but once it get to the right temperature, the light will stay on. The heating up process takes between 3 to 5 minutes. This has a nice, smooth rounded barrel to enable the user the ability to create curls easily, while the ceramic plates do a good job of smoothing out the hair and reducing the appearance of frizz, so that you can look a little more put together!

 

It's recommended that you use the 160° setting for bleached, delicate hair, 180° for fine hair and 200° for normal/medium hair. Despite having quite bleached hair, I find that the 160° is no match for my stubborn Asian hair, and that my preference is still to go for something a little higher, like 180°. I also feel like the spring on this isn't as tight as I'd like for it to be, which means that when I clamp down on my hair, I have to hold it with a bit more effort than I would usually. Otherwise, however, when you weigh up the price tag of $99.99 (and having been on sale at Priceline for $59.99), the results and the convenience of the cord free design, this truly is worth adding to your kit! What's your go to going out hair style?

*This product was provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts