Review: Disciple Good Skin Face Oil-Serum

I know it's probably hard to believe, given my years of playing around with skincare and make up products, and the hundreds of blog posts and thousands of Instagram shots I've put up over the years, but sometimes, even I get overwhelmed by all the different brands and products that hit the market! However, I don't let it put me off, and I continue to take one for the team, trying to hunt down the most interesting and best products out there. I know it sounds like I'm making a massive sacrifice, but someone's gotta do it, right?

 

All jokes aside, it really is exciting to discover new brands on a whim, and find products that do actually work on me. A while back, I ran across Disciple and one of their facial mists, and I was struck by how good a spray it was. With that in mind, I dived back into the brand, and purchased another product from them. This time, I've been playing around with the Disciple Good Skin Face Oil-Serum, and it has been quite a welcome addition to my evening skincare routine!

 

Don't let the name fool you - there is nothing about this that makes me feel like  I could classify this in the serum category. Instead, this oil is contained in a lovely green dropper bottle that delivers a nice amount with each squeeze. This is meant to be good for babes with oily and acne-prone skin types, and for someone with normal skin, I find this to work just as well for me! This doesn't have much of a scent and I really like that it this is a less is more situation, where I find just a couple of drops to be sufficient for my skin.

This oil is comprised of grapeseed oil, which aids in restoring moisture to the skin, while also helping to keep it looking smooth. Grapeseed oil is also supposed to help boost radiance, as well as skin elasticity. There is also turmeric oil, which can reduce redness, as well as aid in healing. There is also a prebiotic in it, from burdock root, and this is present to help keep the good bacteria on the skin balanced, reducing your chances of breakouts.

 

For my second experience with Disciple, it has been a positive one, and I honestly feel like my skin has been getting an additional boost of hydration from this load of goodness. I will also state that it isn't earth shattering, but it is lovely, and if you're after an oil that doesn't leave your face feeling sticky or greasy, then this may be worth trying! This can be found at various retailers online, including Adore Beauty, for $40 for 20 ml of product.

Comments

Popular Posts