Review: Rodial Dragon's Blood Micellar Cleansing Water


I may be wearing a lot less makeup than I used to, but I still need to take my face off at the end of the day, every day, without fail. As such, micellar waters and other makeup removers are always on my must try list, and when I found the Rodial Dragon's Blood Micellar Cleansing Water in my advent calendar recently, my first instinct was to put it within reach, so that I'd see it every evening.

This micellar water holds a combination of interesting ingredients, including Dragon's Blood and Rose Water to help calm skin irritation, while Vitamin B3 is present to help energise and brighten the skin. There is also the addition of Hyaluronic Acid to help lock in moisture, which, theoretically, means that you should end up with clean, makeup free, smooth, plump skin. Have I also mentioned that this has the added bonus of being a very pretty red? It doesn't add anything to the efficacy, but damn, it's gorgeous!

I have a little bottle of this, which only contains 100ml, as opposed to the full sized bottle of 320 ml, but unlike some other brands that might revert to a screw cap or a flip lid, this actually has the exact same packaging for both sizes, which is a pump, where the product comes out from the middle. This design is good for cotton pads, but perhaps a little trickier when you're using a reusable pad, given the size of the pad itself is quite bit, and it can be hard to tell how much is on, but you'll get the hang of it eventually, so it's really kind of an annoyance that is quite minor.

How efficient is it at removing makeup? In short - very. I had some tough mascara to remove the very first time I gave this a go, and I was impressed by how this made short work of it by actually having it come away from the lashes without tugging at my skin too much. It didn't have a perfumed aroma to it at all, and as for the moisturising aspect of this, I can't say that I appreciate it much as there isn't that much contact time with it, given that I literally take my makeup off, then wash my face, because I really like clean, soft skin for when my head to about hit the hay. 

Overall, a honking success! While I can't see where this can be purchased locally, I do believe that sites like Look Fantastic and Amazon have them in stock. What is your preferred packaging for micellar water products?

Comments

Popular Posts