Review: SHS (Skin Health Science) Carbo Cleanser


It's been forever since I got a cleanser review up, and I think it's simply because I've been sticking with more of the same old, same old recently, and so, I'm pretty excited to be talking about a cleanser, and brand, that's new to me, because let's face it - you just gotta shake it up every now and then!


Let's talk about Skin Health Science first! This cosmeceutical brand hopped onto the scene a few months ago with a straightforward, simple 3 product range consisting of the Carbo Cleanser, RM Moisturiser and REM Serum. The brainchild of twin sisters, Samantha Hair and Jessica Whalley, both cosmetic nurses with backgrounds in emergency medicine, this range aims to help simplify skincare regimes.


They recommend to start with the cleanser, which is an activated charcoal cleanser, followed by the REM Repair Serum, then the RP Moisturiser. Ingredients include activated carbon, bilberry, sugar maple, orange peel, lemon peel and cranberry, all put together to help exfoliate and reduce the congestion of the skin, while cleansing it.


I've been using this cleanser for a couple of months now, and it's been a very pleasant experience. While it touts that it's good for people with oily/combination skin, I can tell you that it's good for babes with normal skin too - obviously with n=1 as the sample pool! I love the simple packaging, with the dark bottles and tan labels. It's super gentle on my skin, doesn't have much of a scent, and I love that it doesn't totally strip my skin of oils, making it too squeaky clean, if you know what I mean? Retailing for $72 for 120 ml, it's been a positive experience, and one that's is ending soon, because the bottle is getting low!


While I haven't had the chance to try the REM Repair Serum or RP Moisturiser yet, I've been impressed by their ingredient list, all crammed into a dropper bottle, which I'll run through. The REM Repair Serum is worth $159 for 30 ml, and I love that this contains retinaldehyde 0.5%, tetrapeptide 30 5%, niacinamide 10%, hyaluronic acid and red algae extract. In these concentrations, they are meant to help improve the function of the skin barrier, as well as protecting again dehydration, collagen degradation and free radical damage.


The RP Moisturiser goes for $115 for 50 ml, and this contains zinc oxide 20%, titanium oxide 20%, tetrapeptide 30 2.5% and hyaluronic acid, jojoba oil and aloe. Designed to hep restore balance to the skin while hydrating it and relieving inflammation to the skin, this comes in a small pump bottle.

For my first foray into the world of SHS, it's been fun and I've enjoyed it! You can find out more about it over here if you're keen! Let me know what you pick up, and I'll just be over here, cracking that serum open!

What's your favourite new skincare product?

*These products were provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts