One Brand FOTD ft. Rimmel


New year, new goals! This year, I've decided to try my hand at more FOTDs (face of the days, for those who might need it broken down), but not just any FOTD - I'll be doing a One Brand series, where I'll use just the one brand to create the whole face. It might be a little limiting, but what's life without a bit of a challenge, eh?



For my first ever One Brand FOTD, I wanted to show one of my favourite, and most innovative, drugstore brands some love, and, yes, you might have guessed it from the title, it's Rimmel!

I used a total of 12 products to product this no fuss, low key look, starting with the perfect Summer base - my #Instaflawless! This adds a sunkissed glow to my skin, making it look luminous, and just adding a lift to it. See here for a full review of it. I then added a flush of pink to my cheeks using the Royal Cream Blush in Coral Queen, by swiping across the skin and dabbing it on. See here for a full review. 


For additional shine, I gently popped some Good To Glow in Soho Glow onto my cheekbones. I moved on to the eyes, using the rose gold end of the Magnif'Eyes Double Ended Shadow and Liner in Kissed by a Rose Gold as my base. I then used three different shades from the Magnif'Eyes Eye Contouring Palette in Keep Calm and Wear Gold. You can find the full review here on the other palette in the range.


To finish off the eyes, I used both the Thick and Thin and Precision Eyeliners in order to create a subtle flick to widen them, and topped off the look with the ScandalEyes Reloaded Mascara. For more information on them, you can find it here. Moving on to the brows, I created definition using both the Brow This Way Sculpting Kit and Eyebrow Gel in Dark Brown. I also lifted the brows with my Brow This Way Highlighting Pencil in Shimmer. Finally, I finished the look with a lovely nude, specifically, the 15th Anniversary Collection by Kate in My Nude


And that is my masterpiece! A simple, hot weather, sun kissed look for this time of the year. I have also included all the products I used to create this look below.


Have you tried a one brand face before?

* These products were provided for editorial consideration

Comments

  1. LOVE this natural fuss free face - it's amazing how many products go into creating it though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You created such a refreshing and summery FOTD! I feel like I'm so white now that I'm in the UK. I miss the tan! Rimmel is a great quality brand which is so affordable! I don't have enough products to do a one brand face anymore - I could have done a Maybelline or Napoleon Perdis face if I was still in Aus and have all of my makeup lol.
    Looking forward to your next FOTD!

    xo Kat @ Katness

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you struggle without your full collection? I miss mine when I go away for a week!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts