Shopping Ban Declaration!



 
The announcement for today is that I've embarked on a shopping ban! See the picture above of how spoiled I am.
 
This is Day 6 of the ban, which started on the 2nd, and I intend to see it through to the 28th of February, 2014! After all the shopping and new makeup, I have plenty to play around with for months, and this will be healthier for my bank account, as well as my poor bursting closet. This also gives me a chance to shop from my closet and work out if there's anything else I should be culling from the crowd.
 
Here are the rules of the shopping ban:
1) I'm not allowed to buy anymore cosmetics, toiletries or clothes for myself.
2) I'm still allowed to buy shared items, such as toothpaste, toothbrush etc only if necessary.
3) The only other purchased I can make are for other people, such as Christmas or birthday presents.
 
And that's it! Eep. It's pretty simple, but a little scary, at the same time. I did a similar thing at the start of the year to pay off a debt to my other half, which really worked. However, no on else held me accountable at that time, but there are now people who will be keeping me honest through this medium, so no slipping up!
 
I do have a question, though - does it count as part of your spending ban if you use a voucher - ie a present from someone else, or, say, a Priceline voucher?
 
Wish me luck! I'll be posting updates as I go along, so feel free to send me lots of encouraging vibes!

Comments

  1. Hahaha I think it will be good for you! Sort of like when i had the "social media cleanse". Good luck, i'll be doing something similar after xmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would actually be nice to have a bit of a break, believe it or not.

      Delete
  2. Ohhhh good luck girl! You'll definitely have to post updates with tips because I may need to do a spending ban soon! :) ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far so good! I think it might be harder after Christmas, though!

      Delete
  3. Good luck with the ban ^_^ I would usually use a voucher to get cosmetics during my ban.... but I guess that depends on whether your priority is to decrease products from your collection or to save money? Either way, keep an eye on the expiry date!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting points on the vouchers! Decrease products AND save money, but definitely more the former, so perhaps I'm going to have to hold off! Thanks for the positivity!

      Delete
  4. I don't need anything more added to my cupboards either... I'm going to be joining you I thinks... Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know when you're getting started - I'll cheer you on! <3

      Delete
  5. You have admirable determination :) good luck! I think this time of year is probably the best time to do a spending ban because you still get xmas presents so its not quite as depressing haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I took some variables into consideration! We'll see how I hold out! Thanks for the good vibes!

      Delete
  6. i say vouchers count! - think of what your poor groaning closet would say!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh... I actually did a poll at family dinner - votes came in as NOT counted! Haha... However, as Lily pointed out above, part of this ban is to save money, and the other is to get rid of some of my surplus, so perhaps not such a great idea... Maybe a case by case basis?

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts