Review: Redken Acid Bonding Concentrate 5 Minute Liquid Mask

 

If, like me, you've been on the move with very little rest over the last few weeks, then you need to have reliable products that you can lean on to make your life a bit easier. It's true what they say - if you look good on the outside, it can really help pull everything together, so that you don't have to worry as much about your appearance at least, and focus on the things that you need to keep an eye on more. I like being a multitasker while letting products work their magic, such as sleep masks to keep my skin moisturised while I sleep, or an eye mask while I do the washing.

 

Recently, I was given something to help my hair, and as someone who's no stranger to a good hair mask, I was thrilled to see Redken's newest offering, their Acid Bonding Concentrate 5 Minute Liquid Mask! Having used the shampoo and conditioner in the past, and liking them, I wanted to see how this would perform. It claims to be an ultra conditioning mask that can help to provide deep hydration and deep repair for all hair types and hair textures.

 

This is said to help coat and repair hair damage deep inside the hair for all hair types and hair textures, leaving you with shinier, stronger and better hydrated hair. This has been formulated with their Conditioning Care Complex, a high concentration of cationic agent and conditioning oils, this is meant to help keep the hair feel healthier and happier, even after one use.

 

This comes in a white tube with a flip lid, making it easy to titrate the amount of product that you need each time. It comes out as a creamy white mask, and this has a light consistency that I associate more with conditioner than a hair mask, and it doesn't end up feeling like you're caking your hair in product, rather that you're smoothing it through. To use this, I start my shampooing my hair, and once I've rinsed that out, I pop this through my tresses, then leave it in for the required 5 minutes.

 

While I'm waiting, it gives me some time to get my shaving done, do my 2 minute microdermabrasion and generally just finish my shower. I have noticed that this has resulted in my hair feeling a little softer even while it's wet, but it's when it's dry that you can truly tell the difference it makes, in that my hair is softer and continued use of this has resulted in it feeling stronger, with less noticeable breakages. Overall, this has been a success to use, and I absolutely love it! What is your current hair mask and is this something that you'd be keen on trying?

*This product was provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts