Review: Shmoist Perfumed and Moisturising Hand Sanitiser

 

I still remember when I was first introduced to hand sanitiser, and that was shortly after I moved to Canada, when I went to visit my sister in New York, and she whipped a little bottle out of her bag, insisting that we all had to use them. She was religious about smothering our hands with them, and making sure that we were rubbing our hands together every time she placed a large dollop in our palms.


While I have carried hand sanitiser around with me over the years, particularly when going to certain places, such as music festivals, and when travelling, it wasn't until last year that it reached fever pitch for me, and the rest of the world, with everyone mobbing the stores for PPE and anything that had a high alcohol content. 


Where there's demand, there will eventually be a supply, and while plenty of companies have added hand sanitisers to their range at this point, Shmoist has managed to carve out a luxury niche in the market, creating a hand sanitiser that is both effective and beautifully scented. Based in Sydney, Shmoist was the brain child of two childhood friends who pulled from their strengths to produce this collection of aesthetically pleasing hand sanitisers that work, while also allowing for it to act as a bit of aromatherapy. There are six scents in total, and they range from warm, sweet scents to heady, woody fragrances.


I picked Saw BAE, Rose Aye and Sweet Spot, and I have to say, I love them! I find the scents pretty, and not overwhelming, nor do they have any of that lingering alcohol scent that I associate with a number of other hand sanitisers. The pumps allow for only a small amount of product at a time, and I find that I need about 5 pumps every time I reach for it. I love the texture of this sanitiser - my hands don't feel like they're being coated, nor do they feel dry, or particularly wet. I've never quite had a hand sanitiser like this before. Overall, it's a beautiful balance, and I honestly think I'll be sad about running out of this!

Clocking in at $24.95 for 38ml, you can purchase your own over here. For 10% off, use the code 'SHMOISTMEMATE', which isn't an affiliated code, so I get absolutely nothing out of your purchase, except hopefully your excitement when you share that you're happy with what you've bought! While you're there, make sure you check out the section marked 'Social Impacts', which talks about their work with a non-profit organisation - this will give you the warm and fuzzies! Which scent would you go for?

*These products were provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts