Review: Roar Skincare Hydrate Moisturiser

When you like something, you should shout it from the rooftops, but sometimes, it's fine to roar it out loud too! I feel like I should apologise for that pun, but like they say, if you've got it, flaunt it, and honestly, I'm very proud of my dad jokes, and such, I like to trot them out all the time. I mean, you knew that already - that's why you keep coming back for more, am I right?


Anyway, my questionable sense of humour aside, I've been trying out Roar Skincare, which was new to me, and I'm really psyched to be talking about them today! Roar makes vegan, cruelty free skincare that comes in the cutest packaging with big cat motifs, and I'm absolutely in love with their Hydrate Moisturiser! 


When you look at the brand, you can kind of split it up into two ranges - Clarity and Hydrate. Of course, I'm sure that there's a lot of overlap in regards to what kind of skin type they cater to, like a good old fashion Venn diagram. My skin tends to veer towards wanting some extra glow, and I'm always about the hydration (moisturise me, moisturise me!), and so, as such, I was psyched with being sent the Hydrate range.

In need of a moisturiser when the parcel came, I cracked open the Hydrate Moisturiser. The entire range has very cohesive packaging, and I really like that the pump works well in getting out the moisturiser without needing to fuss around with it. What I was surprised by was the texture of the moisturiser itself. This has a gel consistency, and I feel like 5 pumps get out the right amount of product to cover my face with. It gets absorbed very quickly, and doesn't leave the skin feeling dry, nor does it make it feel oily or greasy. Best of all, it certainly does moisturise the skin very nicely, and I find that even though I apply oil to my skin every evening, this seems to make it less oily, once I've gone over my face with it. This is the perfect sort of warm weather moisturiser, because it does the job, while still leaving the skin touch-dry.


Of course, the addition of hyaluronic acid, green tea and desert lime all contribute to how awesome this is on the skin! It leaves me with smooth, soft skin that doesn't feel oily or tacky, and I'm loving it so much that the bottle is definitely getting low! Grab a bottle for yourself to try over here - you can get it in either the trial 30 ml bottle, or the full sized one at 60 ml, which retails for $49.

Are you into gel moisturisers, or do you prefer heavier creams?

*These products were provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts