Review: Rimmel Lasting Matte Concealers


I know it sounds really weird to say this, but when I go to Priceline, or any other drugstore around the world, I always get excited and a little poignant to see certain brands in those places. Please tell me that I'm not the only one that reaches out to touch a product with something that resembles affection and love, and hey, if you don't think you do that, remember this post the next time you lose something, have to head out to get a replacement, then feel a sense of relief when you see that familiar makeup stand, followed by the excitement and elation after finding the exact thing you're looking for. Aha! There you have it, you get me. And that feeling of affection and excitement is what I get every time I look at Rimmel!

Let's chat about their latest release, the sensational Lasting Matte Concealers! As you might know, they carry a line of Lasting Matte Foundations, and you can now get the concealers to go with them. There are a lot of things I really like about this concealer, and I am so prepared to talk about them!


What exactly is the Lasting Matte Concealer, and where does it fit in within the entire range? It provides a long lasting natural matte finish that will take you through 12 hours. It's meant to be both sweat and humidity proof, have a mousse to powder finish, and provide a full, buildable coverage. How does it truly perform when it's road tested?


This comes in a tube with a doe foot applicator, which makes it easy to get the concealer onto the skin. It also means that you can swipe a small amount onto a concealer brush, without any difficulty, to reach those hard to get corners when doing your brows or your lips. I love how easy this is to blend, and the creamy texture allows it to settle onto the skin without having to really work it in. On my skin, when worn daily, I don't find this to cake or crease, and instead, it wears well, and does a very decent job of covering up my 'don't sleep enough, work too hard, stay up later than is advised' eye bags. This is thin enough that when needed, I can layer it on for additional coverage with the formula going all funny and impossible to work with. One coat, however, is all that I need mostly, and it has a medium coverage on me.


To say that I love this concealer is a bit of an understatement, but I think it speaks for itself when I pack this into my travel bag so that I can take it places with me! This retails for $16.95, and can be found where Rimmel is sold. Other products in the Lasting Matte line include the Lasting Matte Primer, which retails for $14.95, and the Lasting Matte Foundation, which goes for $17.95. For that matte, shine-free base, start with the primer, follow it with the foundation, and finally, finish it off with the concealer! Plus, I believe they are currently on sale at Priceline, so hop in store now, and you might just be able to get a bunch of goodies from them at 40% off!


A truly amazing job by Rimmel, and I'm sure you'll see it on my travels with me! What is your must have, gotta buy, Rimmel product? And what am I possibly missing out on from the brand?

*These products were provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts