Review: Dermaenergy Serve and Protect Zinc


The very best anti-ageing product is a good broad spectrum sunscreen, and if you haven't jumped on the bandwagon yet, then I'm both disappointed and concerned for the state of your skin. That's because, aside from being an anti-ageing product, sunscreen of course also protects you from getting burnt, and the possibility of skin cancer. Are you with me?

Preachiness aside, however, I find that the most common reason, anecdotally, among people who don't wear sunscreen, aside from the lack of awareness, has to be that they don't like the texture/scent of sunscreen, or what they generally associate with old school sunblock products.

To those people, I say, keep an open mind, because the goodies that are coming off the production lines from various companies are worth adding to your cart, and Dermaenergy is the latest brand to join those ranks.


Summer isn't always kind to the people who are prone to sweating excessively, nor is it generally nice to the babes who have oily or acne-prone skin. I know plenty of girls out there who struggle with trying to keep the balance of having luminous skin without the oil slick appearance, and that's where something like the Dermaenergy Serve and Protect Zinc can come in really handy. This is a lightweight, broad spectrum mineral (physical) moisturiser/sunscreen that is supposed to mattify and protect the skin.This is meant to have a citrusy scent as well, but I can't smell it at all.


It is oil free and wax free, using mineral filters like Zinc Oxide and Titanium Dioxide to deflecting UV rays. It also has a mattifying agent, Evermat, to help absorb the oil from the surface of your skin, which can help in controlling that middle of the day, oil slick appearance. There is the addition of adenosine triphosphate on the skin, which is supposed to energise the skin, but I'll be honest - I don't know what that really means!


I can, however, tell you how much I like this and why! This comes in a white tube with writing on it, and a flip lid, which makes getting the product out of it a breeze. I really like that despite initial appearances being that the product itself looks quite thick and really white, and knowing that it's a zinc based product, this actually thins out really well, leaving no trace of the lotion. I love, love, love how this feels on my skin - it doesn't get greasy, it protects my skin really well, and I feel like this helps my makeup stay in place all day. While this is a great option for me, with my normal skin, I feel like this would also be fantastic for those who can't use typical SPF products.

For more information on this, and to purchase it, head over to Dermaenergy, and there is also the added bonus of a free beach towel that comes with it - not bad for $55!

What have you loved from Dermaenergy and is this something you'd like to try?

*This product was provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts