As much as I loathe adding to landfill, it delights the minimalist in me to find my stash of beauty products getting increasingly lower! This also squashes the hoarder in me - I'm glad that guy isn't winning! As you can see from this little paragraph, my mind gets into some internal wars - whew!
1) Nature Republic Pine Tree Mask Sheet - see full review here.
2) Etude House I Need You! Aloe Face Mask - see full review here.
Repurchase? I don't think so. I feel that this is definitely a niche mask, and I don't have much of a call for it.
3) Etude House I Need You! Bulgarian Rose Face Mask - see full review here.
Repurchase? No - it's not bad, but not their best.
4) [A'kin] Kaolin Clay and Activated Carbon Express Purifying Facial Masque - I got this in a beauty box, and quite liked it. It's not quite as tingly as the one I got from Paula's Choice (amazing, by the way), but definitely kept my skin clear.
5) Nude by Nature 24 hour Anti-aging Moisturiser - I bought this thinking it would be a good one to have for a night cream, but it seems to react with serums and oils that I use beneath my night cream. Not my favourite. I have another one to use up too!
6) Lush Snow Fairy Shower Gel - smells like cotton candy, with lots of sparkly stuff through it? Sold and sold - love sweet, happy stuff!
7) Happy Eyes zNano Active Gold Eye Patches - I think, for any eye patch to be truly effective, it should be used on a regular basis, which means that it gets a little pricey for me. I'm afraid, as a one off, it doesn't really make me want to get a whole stack of them.
8) Caredent Floss - a great floss for those who are sick of it shredding and falling apart! One of my favourite finds of 2013.
9) Dove Antiperspirant Deodorant - Love, love, love this stuff! It's one of my favourites out there, and as someone with sensitive skin around the pits, this is great for me.
10) Elemis Tri-Enzyme Resurfacing Serum - when I was gifted this by my sister, I had no idea how exxy this was! I really liked this on my skin - I felt like it did brighten my skin, and kept it smooth.
Repurchase? I would, but it's pricey!
11) Hard Candy Cyber Palette - old makeup, decided it was time to get my act together and toss stuff out!
12) Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream Moisturiser with SPF 15 - I really liked the way this felt on my skin. It was smooth and easy to use in a squeeze tube and provided me with adequate protection.
13) Tarte The Toolbox - great little eyebrow kit that I bought aaaaaaaaaaages ago before I actively got into doing my brows, so when I went through my brow phase, I was really happy to have it waiting in the wings. Sorry to see this go, but the wax was starting to get all weird!
14) ELF Waterproof Eyeliner Pen - really liked this until the cap accidentally came off in my bag and this dried up! Read all about how it weighed against Marc Jacobs and Essence in this post.
Repurchase? Already done!
15) Clairol Visible Repair Intensive Mask - sample from a beauty box, not particularly overwhelmed by this.
16) Etude House I Need You! Honey Mask - instead of the sheet masks I have from Etude House, this little lovely comes in a little pack of four that you smear on your face. I found this to brighten up my skin, but the smell reminded me a bit of that ginseng mask I used a while back.
17) Time & Again Lipgloss - this is an old lippie that I was hanging onto out of sentimental value! Sorry, lippie, see you later!
18) Suigo Vital Nutrition Intensive Hair Repair Treatment - from a beauty box and definitely a winner! Really liked this as a hair mask for me!
19) Etude House Natural Jelly Cleansing Puff - while I do still have this cleansing puff in the shower (it's like a sponge for your face), I thought I'd put this with the empties so I'd remember it!
Repurchase? So far, yes!
As per last month, here are my little samples! Stand out items include Daisy eau So Fresh by Marc Jacobs and the sample of Hourglass Primer I got from Sephora a while back. I also liked the J Bronze Shimmer Instant Illuminiser - it added a bit of oomph to my skin.
Additionally, while I liked the gold Fun that I had by Lush, it got a little oddly melty while still in the packaging! Did I just get a funny one?
And that's it for my empties this month! Goodbye trash, hello new stuff!
What did you get up to last month? Any items that you're mad about?