Travel: How To Get and Keep That Glow


So, some of you might be wondering what travelling has to do with glow, and I'm here to talk you through it. My favourite kind of holidays include doing a lot of sleeping in, shopping, sipping cocktails and just hanging out with people I love. At the time of this post going live, I will already be in Maui, living the sunkissed life!
I see you're starting on here - of course, coming from the Winter here in Sydney (doesn't feel like it some days, I know, but I certainly have been getting less sun exposure), I will have arrived looking pale, pallid and just a little anaemic. Not sounding attractive? Tell me about it!

Now, this is obviously all a personal preference thing, and there are plenty of gorgeous fair skinned babes out there, but my colouring is skewed towards a darker shade, and when I'm far down the scale from that, I start to look a little grey. In order to look a little perkier, and a little less drawn, I am definitely in need of something extra to add some life to my skin. Hence, this post!

You need to always start at the bottom, and that means skincare! Here are some picks for keeping that skin bright and beautiful:


Indeed Labs is amazing, simply put! I remember when Priceline had a 40% off skincare special a few years back, and their racks were completely decimated by the time I got there on the first day. If you're looking for something to help brighten up the skin, make sure you check out their Vitamin C24 and Pepta-Bright. If you're looking for something a little fancier from a reliable brand, Esmi's Pomegranate Brightening Serum is definitely worth getting your hands on.

While I haven't tried the brightening serum from Arbonne yet, I have had a really positive couple of experiences with them, and I'm looking forward to trying this. Likewise, I didn't even know that Essano makes a radiance facial oil - I'm exciting about this, because it's facial oil, and adds another layer of skincare to my routine.


Caring for your skin also means making sure that you're covering all your bases, so for those babes who already go the extra mile and do it all, it's easy to swap out the toner that you're using for one of these! Did you know that Burt's Bees does skincare, and that they do a brightening refining tonic? For the Arbonne babes out there, they also have a brightening toner as part of the range.


Arbonne also does a brightening eye cream, which I think will come in very handy after a long haul flight. Don't forget to treat your skin to little moments of happiness too, and one prime example of a true treat is the Peter Thomas Roth Hungarian Thermal Water Mineral-Rich Atomic Heat Mask. This boasts several exciting ingredients, including pomegranate, which is full of vitamin C. The last skincare brand that I want to talk about is the Raww Superfood Infused Beauty products. The moisturiser and cleanser are filled with kakadu plum, which, as you might already know, has a ton of vitamin C. Affordable and cruelty free and hailing from the land of sunshine, Australia, I feel like this is an appropriate brand to include in here!


Once you've got your skincare covered, then you can focus on what happens afterwards. If you're overwhelmed by choice, and you don't know where to start, you can always grab a kit from Nude by Nature. They have an aptly named one called Set and Glow, which comes in a cute little pouch, stuffed with goodies, including a setting powder and a brush, to help you achieve that sunkissed perfection.


For the babes that want to indulge themselves and step outside the set, I NEED you to check out Iconic London. Ever since I got my hands on the brand, I've been using it almost daily, and that's not a joke. We are talking daily glow here, and it's been divine. The liquid illuminator goes on over my primer, and under my foundation, while that spray bottle in the background, the Prep Set Glow, lives up to the name, and is how I finish my face of makeup. Other contenders to helping you get that lit from within look include the new Rimmel Lasting Radiance foundation, which I'm really pleased with. Nude by Nature also has individual products you can buy, like their soft focus illuminator, which I'm very fond of - this doesn't light you up, but it does add a bit of soft glow to the skin, so it's great for the subtle babes.Their touch of glow highlight stick is a handy, on the go glow, which is handy, as it's easy to keep in the purse.

I feel like I could talk about glow FOREVER, I just love it so much, but I have to stop sometime! That said, I'm excited that I'll be chatting about hydration next, because as everyone knows, flying can seriously dehydrate your skin, so that is of utmost importance when you travel. Stay tuned, and check (back) in soon! Geddit, a bit of traveller's humour?

*These products were provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts