Review: Covergirl TruNaked Smoky Eyeshadow Palette


There is nothing quite like trying out an eyeshadow palette for the first time - the untouched shades, the colour combinations and just how they work together... It's truly a delight! The Covergirl TruNaked Smoky Eyeshadow Palette is a recent addition to the collection, and it's definitely a welcome one!



This contains a mix of matte and shimmer shades, with a total of 8 different complementary colours in the palette. Like the other palettes in the range, they come packed in a case with a black bottom and a clear cover.


It also comes with a dual-ended sponge tip applicator that I don't tend to do much with, because you can't really get a lot of dimension with those. While I'm all for a good smoky eye, because who wouldn't be, I feel like this is a bit more cool toned than my skin can accommodate. There are a few shades that work really nicely on me, but by and large, they are better for fair skinned babes.


That said, like the other palettes in the range, the colours blend out quite well, but I do wish they had more mattes than what's available, as that could give it more depth. Also, there is quite a bit of fall out, but that doesn't tend to bother me very much. Overall, it's not my most reached for palette from the brand, but it does round out the collection very nicely. I'm hoping that they make a berry/plum type palette too, because that would be such a great addition to the range! Not that I think they would, but if Covergirl were open to suggestions...


This retails for $22.95 and can be found where Covergirl is stocked. For me, it's not a necessity, because it doesn't work as well with my colouring, but I think some girls can make some smouldering looks with this one!

What's your favourite piece of Covergirl makeup? Which palette do you have?

*This product was provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts