Review: Rimmel Volume Colourist Mascara and Colour Precise Eyeliner *


Rimmel has to be one of my favourite drugstore brands - I've been a fan of the brand since I discovered one of their mascaras years ago, as well as their windup eyeliner, which is a waterline staple.
Hence, any new releases from them is greeted with excitement, particularly when it's a mascara, and when the other is a liquid felt tip-type liner!


These felt tip liners come in 3 shades, and while the black isn't the blackest black I've ever tried, it's definitely a shade appropriate for work. This is easy to use (even the most uncoordinated of people would find this easy) and it dries down fast, which means that it won't smudge - it certainly hasn't with me!

I do find it a little disappointing that it doesn't shut with a reassuring click, which means that I'm constantly pressing down on the lid to make sure that it's closed. Additionally, continual usage means ongoing use and decreasing pigmentation of the liner. I'm concerned that this means the longevity of this particular eyeliner won't go beyond a couple of months, but the upside is that liquid liners are like mascaras - they should be thrown out regularly! These retail for $13.95 and can be found just about anywhere that sells Rimmel, including Big W, Priceline and Target. 


I was more excited to try the mascara from them, given previous experience with their mascaras! The Volume Colourist mascara boasts the ability to make the lashes fuller and longer while tinting lashes over time. This is meant to darken the lashes over the period of 2 weeks.

I really like the effect of the mascara on my lashes in general (fuller and thicker), but I did find there to be some smudging beneath the eyes, sadly, so it's probably not my all day long type mascara, but good for short trips out. As for the tinting, I haven't found it to make my dark lashes look any darker, but I'd love to hear from others with pale lashes!

Overall, products that I've been reaching for on a regular basis that are good, but could be great with a couple of tweaks.

Have you tried either of these beauties? What are your thoughts on them?

* These products were provided for my consideration, but my opinions remain my own

Comments

  1. Yes! I LOVE the liners but the non clicking just doesn't give me the closure I'm looking for lol. And I couldn't stand the smudging from the mascara, it smudged when I applied the mascara to my top lashes only, dammit!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts