Happy Birthday To Me! aka Birthday Haul from Sephora US, Mecca Cosmetica And Lipstick Republic


With all the mad sales and celebrations going on this month, it's impossible to avoid looking and buying new products. Anyone who can turn it down deserves a big pat on the back!

My sisters also very generously pitched in to get me some pretty things - wait till you see what they bought! 


Lipstick Republic was having a bit of a sale, so I obviously had to look into it! I ended up getting four things for myself, I went for a very blue Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetic Lip Tar in RX, and it's very blue indeed!

Anyone who's used OCC lip tars would know that a little goes an enormously long way, so this little matte blue tube is probably going to last me forever.



Saucebox is a brand that I've been looking at dabbling in for the last six months, and this seemed to be just the right time to get the Etude palette - eight matte shades, full size, in pink cardboard packaging.This also comes with a mirror in the lid.

I was actually a little surprised when I opened the parcel - it's much bigger than I thought it would be! These are beautifully pigmented, and I can see myself getting a ton of use out of it!


Ahh... Benjabelle brush tree, I've wanted you for so long! For any beauty aficionado worth his or her salt, regular brush washing is necessary, and while I used to just lay my brushes flat, I can now pop them into the brush tree, upside down, and get them to hold their shape!

For more information on them, hop over to Lipstick Republic over here!



I'm sure you've all now heard about Lime Crime withdrawing from the general market, and that they are only being sold through Lime Crime itself, so I got in just before that! While I am a fan of a number of their products, I'm actually quite unimpressed by this new move - I don't think it's a great idea, and they may end up losing a few followers that way. 

Still, I am in love with this Velvetine in Suedeberry by Lime Crime - it's just a shame that their products won't be quite as accessible any more!



The Too Faced Chocolate Bar has been on a lot of wish lists, and it certainly was mine! When sending my wish list to my siblings, I just HAD to include this, and it was very nice to them to include it!

It is a mix of shimmer and matte shades, and they are incredibly pigmented, with one swipe putting more than enough on your lids. I'm struggling between whether my Urban Decay palettes are still my go to, or if this baby is coming up fast as my favourite!



In addition to brows being one of my new obsessions for 2014, contouring and highlighting certainly have a bigger presence these days. The Tarte Parkave Princess lured me in with it's shiny gold case and it's travel friendliness. I haven't had a chance to try it out yet, but I can sense one of the seven wonders for an upcoming month in the making!



The Nars Domination Palette comes in a beautiful white case with a large mirror, and it contains five cheek products, including a large bronzer. I got my first Nars blush about twelve months ago, and it's been stupendous!

I am really looking forward to breaking into it!


Who hasn't been curious about GlamGlow? I did think about purchasing some from Mecca Cosmetica a while back, but never got around to it, and when I saw this set on Sephora, I knew I had to try it! 

I've already tried one of them, and liked it, so I'm glad I asked for this! 



I went for another Tarte product, just because! I got the Tarte Bon Voyage package, which has a whopping large value with a much smaller price tag, and it all comes in a cute little travel case. 

I'm really looking forward to breaking all the bits and pieces out of their little hidey holes and playing around with it!



And now, the piece de resistance! After receiving my giant parcel from my sisters and learning that they didn't manage to get the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush palette, I thought I'd go out on my own and grab one at Mecca Cosmetica, and I got in at just the right time! It would appear that most of them, if not all, are already sold out.

And you should be able to see why - it's stunning! This comes in a bronze case with a small strip of mirror and these gorgeous marbled blushes are stunning both in the case and on the skin.

That's everything! I honestly got really spoilt for my birthday, and yes, I do know that I'm a lucky girl!

Do you see anything here that's on your personal wish list? What product are you most curious about?

Comments

  1. Can it be my birthday too!?!? I'm drooling over your things! Yay you got the Chocolate Bar palette! I hope you enjoy it! The brush tree has been on my wishlist for ever!!
    xx Kat @ Katness

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I was so excited when it got here, it was crazy! I love that palette - an excellent present!

      Delete
  2. O M G, well that loot certainly says Happy Birthday! Enjoy your amazing goodies xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Leah! I would love to see that blue lip tar on... not sure I could ever pull that off :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might have to do an alternative colour post soon!

      Delete
  4. Happy belated bday Leah :) amaazzzing presents, I've got my eyes on the hourglass blush trio :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts