Review: Neutrogena HydroBoost Water Gel *


I want to spend today talking about one of the best moisturisers I've tried for a while. Neutrogena has a new baby out, and it's one of their best yet!

Light, fluffy and hydrating, this water gel comes in a 50g jar that has a matte cap and a blue base. While you might be expecting to see into the jar itself, there is actually an opaque wall within it, so that you won't actually get the chance to be depressed by how little you'd have left in it!


The gel itself looks sticky in the jar, but it certainly doesn't feel like it. It's quite translucent and the one thing that I don't like about it is that you have to dip your fingers into the jar each time, which makes it a little unhygienic. The other thing that is lacking is SPF, which I need on a daily basis, but it is something that I get from my make up, so it's not a deal breaker.


This moisturiser is meant to lock moisture into your skin for about 24 hours, and it does it states! One application is enough to get you hooked - it transforms your skin, leaving it satiny soft and smooth. Continued use of this has maintained and improved my skin, and that's after only about a week!

This gets absorbed quickly, and has a great, fresh, cucumber type scent.

This stands head and shoulders above the other drug store moisturisers I've tried for a while, and it's totally gorgeous. Overall, I cannot recommend this enough for those who need an extra boost - it's great for keeping your skin soft and gorgeous!

This baby retails for $24.99, but can currently be found for $19.99 at 20% off at Priceline right now!

Are you interested in this product? Have you tried anything similar before?

*This product was kindly provided for my consideration by Beautyheaven

Comments

  1. I got a little sample of this from Beauty Heaven and I loved it so much I went back for the full size. I didn't like the idea of the jar packaging though but they have a version in a pump bottle that also has SPF so I went for that. I've been loving it so far. I think it's almost a dupe for Clinique's Dramatically Different Moisturisers.

    Dani | KaBOOM! Cosmetics

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to try the other version, because it's everything lacking from this one! I haven't tried anything from Clinique for ages, so I couldn't make a call on it, but good to know.

      Delete
  2. Does it also provide hydration too (as well as lock in moisture)?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha I love that's it opaque so you can't get sad :D Sound nice, I haven't tried anything from them for ages x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing worse than running out of what you love! Cue sadness when you realise it happening!

      Delete
  4. I like gel creams for summer, they are perfect.. especially if it's cucumber scented! So fresh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my first gel cream, and it's certainly making quite an impact!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts