Review: Nad's Nose Wax and Facial Wand Eyebrow Shaper *


Let's just be honest here for a minute - sometimes, in life, there are a few, well, hairy moments. While laser has become an increasingly popular method for getting rid of the unwanted patches, I will admit to being a bit of a dinosaur, as I haven't tried it yet.

While my sisters spent their teen years happily sugaring their shins and ripping bits of cloth off their legs, I was stubbornly not advancing beyond razors and hair removal cream, so when I was given the chance to try some products by Nad's, I was both excited and nervous. Nad's was the very first brand I ever got the chance to use for hair removal, and while I remember the scent being very strong, I was also really chuffed by how smooth my legs felt afterwards.


I was sent two items, and I was so excited when arrived, because one of them looked a little scary, yet intriguing!

It took me ages to work up the nerve to try this! I was really excited when I saw this in the package, because, let's face it, nose hair is something that we think about from time to time - we know they are there for a good reason, we just don't want it to, er, stick around! How easy is it to use this, you ask? So straightforward, a monkey could do it! Although definitely not recommended to have a monkey do it!


Here are the necessary steps:
1) Make sure that your nose is clean
2) Heat the wax in the microwave as per the instructions included.
3) Test it on the inside of your wrist prior to use to make sure that it isn't boiling hot
4) Stick the applicator into the wax and make sure that you cover it as depicted on the sheet enclosed
5) Pull down your upper lip to help with the applicator and away you go!
6) Leave it in your nose for about 90 seconds (too long, and the wax would get brittle) and then yank!

Trust me, as someone with an incredibly low pain threshold, this was definitely not a painful experience, and left me feeling quite pleased about the results. There are even antibacterial and calming wipes included as part of the pack.

Not only can this do nose hair wax, it can also help shape moustaches and clean out the pores of your nose, which I also tried (clearly, the latter, not the former), and it's super easy to do - just spread a layer of wax over your nose, wait for a small amount of time, then pull it off before the wax completely hardens. Ta dah! 

The wax contains aloe, chamomile and sweet almond, among other things, resulting in smoother skin after use. Word to the wise, however, make sure that you test the wax prior to using it to make sure it's not too hot!


The facial wand, made for waxing unwanted hairs from the upper lip and brows, is another that I've been dying to try out, and it's another one that's so easy to use, it's ridiculous!

This works like a twisty pen, kinda like those lipglosses that you turn to get the product out. You can warm it up in a glass of water initially if the formula is a little too gluggy for you, or roll it between your hands.This is also easy to use in that there are a minimal number of steps.

1) Turn the pen (but not too many times!)
2) Apply the wax on the area that you want to have hair removed from.
3) Place a cotton strip over it.
4) Wait for a very short amount of time
5) Then, whip it off!

The downside? I found that when I first used this, it was a little tricky and that the wax kept oozing out, despite me not turning the pen that much. This got better after a couple of uses. This comes with about ten cotton strips that you can wash and reuse, as well as pre-waxing cleansing wipes. 

The best part? If you get wax on any spot that you don't want, you don't need to lose additional hairs from there, you can just wash it off! 

This is an excellent travel product for those stray hairs that you don't want - you can fix this in under five minutes! 

And there you have it! These products certainly have their applications, depending on what you're after. 

Have you tried either of these products before? Are there any 'out there' products that you have tried for hair removal?

*These products were provided for my consideration.

Comments

  1. Hey dear,I love this post!:)
    You have an amazing blog,have to say!
    Keep in touch xoxo
    love Antonella <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have tried these products but have used few others from nad's
    Very detailed review Leah
    I have seen it around many times but don't know if I really need it,,

    Varinder Makeupmeandyoyo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are very specific products - let me know if you end up giving them a go!

      Delete
  3. I never liked using gel/gel wax strips for hair removing because of the stickiness after the wax but I do need something to tame my eye brows!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been overenthusiastic with brow taming in the past, so I'm going to keep it out of the way!

      Delete
  4. I'm a little rusty when it comes to waxing, I'm a razor and cream girl personally. The first one sounds interesting, pulling double duty on those stubborn pores. I want to try a hardening wax so I might give that one a go. x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts