Review: Peter Thomas Roth Anti-Aging Makeup Removing Cleansing Oil

I promise, I've been really good about not purchasing anything, but it hasn't been easy, particularly when online shopping is a boredom buster! And honestly, does it really count if I bought this last year? Sure, that was only about a month or so ago, but still! I can claim that it was done last year, and therefore, I cannot be held responsible for being irresponsible with my money. I mean, I don't have to justify my purchases to anyone but me - I'm just trying to hold myself accountable, as I'd like to be funnelling more money towards travel, so this is really just a good reminder that I can't be buying as much as I have previously. But I can't be mad, honestly, because the Peter Thomas Roth Anti-Aging Makeup Removing Cleansing Oil has been a truly awesome find!

 

Firstly, if you haven't tried a cleansing oil yet, you're missing out! It's not a skincare step that I take everyday, but it is one that I really appreciate when I've been too knackered to use micellar water and a reusable pad, and also on days when I've already removed the bulk of my makeup with the above combination, but still have stubborn bits of makeup still lingering on my skin and eyelashes. That is when I call in the big guns (that's cleansing oil to you) to take care of business!

 

The Peter Thomas Roth Anti-Aging Makeup Removing Cleansing Oil promises to help lift away makeup and impurities, resulting in clean, soft and youthful-looking skin. I can tell you that it does almost all of the above, but I don't feel like this makes my skin look particularly younger! It comes in an amber plastic bottle with a good solid pump that I push down on two to three times to get out the right amount for my skin.

I start by massaging this into my skin, working my way upwards from my chin, and when it feels like I've covered just about my entire face, I add a bit of water. What initially feels almost like a sticky oil when massaged into dry skin is instantly emulsified and turned into a milky cleanser upon contact with water. Through the use of rotational strokes, I find that this does a really good job of lifting away the remnants of the day from my skin.

 

This does a great job of getting rid of bits of concealer, eyeshadow and cheek products, but it does falter a little bit when it gets to mascara, waterproof or otherwise, unfortunately. I have found that tt's not an uncommon thing for cleansing oils to meet it's match with, sadly, but it is otherwise a very decent cleanser. I always follow it up with a different cleanser, so that I can double cleanse and leave myself with clean and fresh skin. I love that this doesn't break the bank, sitting at $49 for 150 ml of product, and you can find it over at Sephora. Have you tried a cleansing oil, and what is your favourite?

Comments

Popular Posts