Review: Vela Days Oil Infusion CannaComplex Fortifying Oil Serum

 

Hello from overseas! I'm trying to make 2023 the year that I'm living life properly, which means that aside from all the usual self care things, I'm determined to do more things for myself. This means making the time to go to shows (I've been to 3 so far this year!), taking the opportunity to do spontaneous things, and of course, travelling more to fill my cup! That's right, with travel back on the menu, I'll hopefully be jetting off onto a number of adventures!

 

Of course, as we all know that will make for some interesting times (read: dry, stressed out times) with my skin, so I'll have to be better about looking after myself in that aspect, and there is no better place to start than with the Vela Days' Oil Infusion CannaComplex Fortifying Oil Serum! I have been using a daily face oil for the longest time, even during Summer, and this step in my skincare routine has definitely been instrumental in helping my skin stay moisturised.

 

It's not hard to see why this face oil is so very beautiful! It is a luxurious oil serum that's been formulated with 14 nutrient-rich botanical oils, as well as 7 unique brightening actives for nourishing skin. The key ingredient in this is Cannabis Sativa Seed Oil, which works synergistically with oils and actives to enhance the performance of the serum. That said, though, there are plenty of really gorgeous ingredients in serum, including Blue Tansy Oil, which is helpful for reducing inflammation and irritation and keeping the skin calm, and  Plum Kernel Oil, which is steeped in essential fatty acids and phytochemicals, perfect for fighting free radicals and for moisturising the skin.

 

It also contains Coenzyme Q10, which is good at protecting the skin from oxidative damage, as well as L22, which is a patented formula of botanically sourced lipids developed specifically to deliver the skin-lipid profile of a healthy 22 year old. What that really means is that it improves the skin barrier function, as well as increasing skin elasticity, firmness and skin hydration. Additionally, there is licorice root extract for dealing with hyperpigmentation and sun damage, astragalus membranaceus root extract to help reduce redness and irritation, as well as paeonia officinalis flower extract for combating hyperpigmentation and free radicals.

 

It comes in a pump bottle that houses 30 ml of product, and the packaging houses a refill pack, which means that you can swap it out every time you finish it, so you don't have to throw it all away. I find about 1 pump of this to be sufficient for my face and neck, and while it's a relatively oily oil to begin with, I like that it doesn't end up just sitting on the skin surface. I haven't noticed a massive difference in the hyperpigmentation, sadly, but I do feel like it's been a very enjoyable oil to use, resulting in skin that stays looking brighter that doesn't seem to be going through an eczema flare up at all this season. Find out more about Vela Days on their website over here, where you can also purchase a bottle for $89.

*This product was provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts