Review: Ole Henriksen Lemonade Smoothing Scrub


After almost a week of not having a new post up, it's really nice just to get back to posting about things that I love, and by that, of course, I mean skincare and makeup! And I would like to apologise for taking a little break, but full time work wore me out, and I also had the pleasure of attending my friend's wedding and doing her makeup for it, so while I'm sorry, I'm also not sorry, if you know what I mean!

However, we're not here to talk about me, we're here to talk about something that I've been loving and that's the Ole Henriksen Lemonade Smoothing Scrub. I bought this recently when Sephora had a sale going on, and I really wanted to try something new. Retailing for $40 for a 90g tube, this purports to be both a physical and chemical exfoliant, given that this has lemon peel powder and sugar to help rid your skin of all the dead cells, while AHAs in the scrub aid in loosening the dead cells in preparation for it to be removed. There is also the added bonus of holy basil and chamomile to help calm and soothe the skin. 

This comes in a royal blue tube, with a white flip lid, making it easy for you to get just the right amount of goodness out, as the consistency of this is thick and relatively firm. It takes a little bit of squeezing to get it out, and all you need is about a 1.5 cm length piece to go over your face - apply it to the skin in rotational strokes, and feel it work it's magic.

It has a nice, gritty consistency that smooths out nicely with the repeated motion of rubbing this over the skin. I love that this leaves my skin feeling soft and smooth, and that is seems almost contradictory in that it's quite gentle. It certainly works well, and I appreciate a good scrub when I see one, and this is definitely high on my list of repeats. Find it over here on Sephora's website. What did you last try from Ole Henriksen, and what would you like to give a go next?


Comments

Popular Posts