Review: Glow Culture Dewy Drencher Light Gel-Cream


My skincare routine has been getting a little more complicated as I've gotten older, and that's ultimately because I've found an increasing number of products that I've enjoyed adding into my rotation, but there's one thing that hasn't changed, and it's my preference for a dewy radiant finish over a matte one. While your makeup is certainly part of it, my reliance on my skincare to help me achieve a glowy base is far greater, and I've recently had the pleasure of using the Glow Culture Dewy Drencher Light Gel-Cream.

 

I'm no stranger to gel creams - these are creams that have a gel-like texture, meaning that they can be quite light on the skin, and they also dry down really quickly. These are actually my preferred creams to use during the warmer months, and I've come to realise that they are also a great addition in the Winter. Never having used any products from Glow Culture before, I was eager to give them a go! Glow Culture is the result of three women working together to produce a range of skincare goodies that have a blend of fermented active ingredients as part of the formula. Women - is there anything we can't do?

There are three actives to take note of in the products. There is a biotech youth-promoting active that is meant to help support cell renewal, firmness, elasticity and to improve the appearance of wrinkles. They also contain prebiotics from inulin, which has been extracted from chicory root, to help maintain the balance of the skin's microbiome, which, in turn, makes the skin more resistant. It also helps to hydrate and soften the skin. There are also probiotics in the mix, and these are there to help maintain the normal skin microbiota, keeping the oil secretion and pH balanced. 

 

This comes in a light blue jar that has been designed to have the cream pot easily swapped out for when it's been finished. This design also means that you don't end up with more landfill than you need, and every little bit helps. Much like the jar, the cream is also light light blue, and this spreads easily over the skin. Despite the word gel, which makes me think of the styling product that was en vogue when I was a kid, this isn't sticky. It more refers to the fact that it's light and thing, making this a product that's quickly absorbed.

 

I don't find this to have much of a scent, and I really like that my skin feels beautifully moisturised after applying this on my face. The only thing that I would point out is that this occasionally ends up pilling on my skin. I don't know if it's the nature of the product, or that it reacts to something else on my skin, but as a result of that, I tend to use this only as a night cream, The upside is that after waking up in the morning, my skin feels amazing and smooth. For more information on this, you can head over to their website. Are you a gel cream sorta babe?

*This product was provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts