Review: Caudalie Anti-Wrinkle Face Suncare SPF 50

I was introduced to Caudalie years ago when my sister handed me a deluxe sample of one of their products, and since then, it's one of those brands that I seem to gravitate to on a regular basis whenever I head into Sephora, even though I don't buy a lot of their products. That changed recently, however, when I was making an order on Cult Beauty, and I was looking for something to add to my cart, as I wanted to hit a certain amount to grab a fabulous gift with purchase. I mean, I was looking for an excuse to get something from the brand, so this was as good a time as any!

Now, keep in mind that Australia has much stricter rules surrounding their SPF laws, so when you purchase something from overseas that says it's SPF 50, in reality, when it comes to Australia, it's probably lower than that. Still, I figured this was as better bet than going with the SPF 30, and I'm glad that I made this choice. This offers both UVA/UVB protection, while also apparently being "biodegradable and non-toxic to the marine ecosystem". I know that there's been a lot of discussion regarding this particular topic, and for more information on it, I highly recommend reading Lab Muffin's breakdown on this fascinating subject!

This comes in a 50 ml tube, and also now a 25 ml tube, which is yellow, and very sunny, and has a white flip lid. The product itself has a creamy consistency that starts off being quite thick initially, which then rubs into the skin quite nicely. It has an almost floral, somewhat sunscreen-like scent to it that I don't entirely love, but don't hate either. That said, it doesn't stick around for long at least, so it doesn't bother me very much. The texture settles quite nicely, in that it doesn't slide around on the skin, which I appreciate, and it doesn't interfere with makeup either. I feel like the finish is almost kind of matte, which has been pretty good for the warm weather.


Overall, I find that this works well on my skin, and that it doesn't mix with any other bits of skincare, which I really appreciate, because having to redo my face that early in the morning is just not my idea of fun! For the babes who are vegan, this product is too, so you can use it to your heart's content! You can find it over at Cult Beauty here


What have you used from Caudalie recently?

Comments

Popular Posts