Review: Burt's Bees Micellar Cleansing Water


Burt's Bees has recently churned out some cleansing goodies, and while I haven't had the chance to try the cleansing towelettes just yet, I'm excited to talk about the micellar cleansing water!


Infused with natural ingredients, such as Australian White Cypress Oil and Honey Extract, this micellar water comes in a transparent bottle with a white flip lid cap. The label is pretty, with subtle blue flowers. This is meant to remove dirt and makeup, while cleansing and hydrating skin.


The product is easy to get out of the bottle without spilling (always a bonus!), and I find my standard three cotton pads to be sufficient to remove my makeup for the day. This works really nicely at removing all my eyeshadow, as well as most of my mascara. It does falter a little with waterproof mascara, but I find quite a few micellar waters to. It smells like an interesting mix between honey and rainwater - it's inoffensive and it doesn't linger.


Formulated without parabens, phthalates, SLS and petrolatum, I love that they've also sourced the Australian White Cypress Oil from remnants of white cypress trees, like fallen trees or stumps. On top of that, the bottle is made of 80% post consumer recycled content. For your interest, the towelettes have been made from repurposed cotton, while the outer package film contains 25% post consumer recycled content. I love when a company does some great while making something great!

The micellar water retails for $15.95 and the towelettes go for $9.95, and can be purchased from Priceline, as well as via their website.

Have you tried this yet? What's your favourite micellar water?

*These products were provided for editorial consideration

Comments

  1. I usually stick to the Garnier micellar water but this sounds pretty cool! I also love how the packaging is made from recycled materials! Great post x

    Karolina
    www.astrallane.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts