Review: L'Oreal Infallible Lip Paint Matte


I love a good lipstick - I'm sure that's not surprising to those reading this right now! Despite the rising trend to wear glosses, I am still loving a strong matte lip, and as such, I'm excited to talk about these little newbies by L'Oreal!
These Infallible Lip Paints come in a tube containing 8 ml of product each. They come in a total of 14 shades, and these have a wand with a little almost-doe foot applicator that has a small bump on one end. What that means is that it picks up enough product for one full application, plus some.


I was sent two shades, Babe-in and Nude-ist. For a reference point, I'm an NC30 in MAC foundations, and a G40 in CoverFX. Babe-in is a pinky, peachy nude, great for low key everyday wear, but also bright enough that it doesn't make me look washed out. Nude-ist is a medium brownish nude, which is a little too dark for me, but lo and behold, wouldn't you know, the mix of both these shades is a very wearable nude on me? And mixing them together isn't complex either - I just paint one lip in Babe-in and the other in Nude-ist, rub my lips together and they come together really nicely!


I love how smoothly these apply, and that they are quite opaque, particularly for the lighter shade. They also smell almost like berries to me, but I think that's really just me! These wear well, but if you're expecting them to dry down and stay on the lips, I think you would be disappointed, as they do wear off with eating and drinking. Additionally, these are not as matte as some of those truly matte liquid lipsticks. That said, I love that they are rich and creamy, because they don't dry out the lips.


Overall, I've had a positive experience with them, and Babe-in is currently living in my bag, because that shade is my go to for Spring! These retail for $19.95 and you can pick these up wherever L'Oreal is stocked, including Priceline and Chemist Warehouse.

What is your favourite L'Oreal lip product? Would you try the Infallible Lip Paint Matte range?

*These products were provided for editorial consideration


Comments

Popular Posts