Review: Milani Blush in Luminoso



You know that lovely shade of pink you turn when you come in from the cold, all snuggled up in your scarf and jacket? Just the lightest flush of colour that adds a little something to your face? And how, sometimes, no matter how light you try to make it, you end up leaving the house looking like Bozo the Clown due to being a little heavy handed with your blush? Well, perhaps not everyone, but I will admit to committing that particular offense on a number of occasions - to be fair, I do get dressed in the semi-darkness for work!


Enter this gorgeous blush, in the shade Luminoso, by Milani. This is a drugstore brand that is commonly found in Duane Reade, a pharmacy in the States, and is incredibly affordable. This has been compared to Orgasm by Nars, which I have also recently purchased - dupe comparison post to follow at some point! - and I can certainly see why Luminoso is so popular!


Here's the little brush, stored just beneath the pan. First impressions were that this was quite shimmery, which I expected to show up on my skin, but it's certainly more subtle than in the pan. The texture is velvety, and easy to apply. Additionally, I have found this to be really hard to overdo, which can be a real bonus for some people, myself included.

After having used this daily for close to a week, I can officially say that I'm in love! This has some amazing staying power, and has lasted for up to 12 hours on me (yes, yes, over primer and BB cream, and under a finishing spray, but still...). I can't wait to try out more of their blushes! Best of all, for the animal conscious, this brand has not been tested on animals.

For those who are wondering about why I even brought it up, for a brand that you can't get here, think again! Cherry Culture stocks Milani, and ships to Australia! They are even having a 20% off sale at the moment, so run, don't walk, and give it a go yourself! I bought a number of things from their site and had it sent to my sister (where the postage was cheaper), and did not run into any problems at all. They also stock NYX products!

What's your go to blush right now? Have you tried any Milani products before?

Comments

  1. I don't think I've tried any Milani products, I think it's kinda like Essence? (haven't tried that either :/ ) the brush compact is so handy, this would be good for my travel kit, I can never decide which brushes to take!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts