Review: Blue Nectar Briganantadi Rosemary Hair Nourishment Oil

While the weather has been wreaking havoc on my skin, I will say that all the great things about Winter have been cropping up, such as watching TV under the cozy, fuzziness of my electric blanket, and being able to warm my tootsies by the glow of my bar heater in the comfort of my makeup room, and wearing big, soft jumpers out into the cold. What I do NOT appreciate about the cold, however, is the fact that the constant use of the heater has been drying out my hair a little more than usual, and it's looking a bit sad and limp. 

 

Therefore, I jumped at the chance to try a hair oil recently, when I was given the choice between this, and a serum from Blue Nectar, because I had a vacancy in my hair care rotation, and I was curious to see if this would fit my needs. The Blue Nectar Briganantadi Rosemary Hair Nourishment Oil is suitable for those look to achieve healthy hair growth, better moisturised hair, fewer split ends and improved scalp health.This is also supposed to strengthen and detangle hair, as well as improve the shine and silkiness of your tresses.

 

This contains nine vital Ayurvedic herbs, like Bringhraj, Anantmool, Amla, Mulethi, Neel Patra and Malkangani. The rosemary in it can help to thicken hair, while also preventing it from damage. The addition of sesame oil is there to improve hair strength and retain natural hair colour. This comes in a pretty blue plastic bottle with a metallic screw cap, and the good thing about this product is that there's very little chance for this to leak, as it's sealed up so tight that it's actually hard to get it out of the bottle!

 

In fact, if anyone knows a better way to break into the bottle, please leave a comment below, because I had to poke it in the middle with a pin, and it took me a while to arrive at that solution. Anyway, I digress! This has a medium consistency, which results in it being the kind of oil where you'd want to be careful about being heavy handed with it, as having too much of it in my hair can weigh it down. I find that about 3 drops of this is enough to cover my hair from the tips to the middle of my tresses. I feel like this is a little too heavy to have at the roots of my hair, as this can weigh it down, but I do like using this as a pre-shampoo treatment, so that it actually can help me soothe my scalp.

 

I do like that this is quite good at helping me nourish my damaged hair, and that this has been adding a bit of shine to my strands, but I would be careful about putting too much of this onto my hair, as this can get too heavy for me. This has a slightly green tinge to it, and this has quite an herbal scent to it, which I suspect is a mix between lavender and rosemary. It retails online here at Amazon for $20 for 100 ml of product, and at the rate that I've been using this, I think I might be using this for the next year or so! It's a lovely introduction to a brand that was new to me, and I'm keen to try more from them! Have you used any products from Blue Nectar before?

*This product was provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts